29E6 Hourly Rates – 2021
Current Rates in effect at this date for hourly work are as follows:
Principal Engineer $275
Project Manager $200
Professional Engineer (& Engineer-in-Training II) $150
Structural Designer (& Engineering-in-Training I) $100
Drafting Technician, Technician & Administrative $75
For construction support, refer to our standard construction support fee schedule (below).
29E6 Standard Fee Schedule for Construction Support Services
These services listed in this document include structural observation, response to field questions and other needed support to help streamline construction ~ aka Contract Administration (CA).
Please note that we stand behind our design projects 100% and welcome any questions at no charge! However, when we are called upon to provide written documentation and/or a site visit, the following schedule applies.
I. Individual Construction Support Fees
With this option, the services are billed at set amounts per service with no monthly commitment. This option is the default and company standard unless otherwise negotiated or agreed upon.
● Sealed Request for Information / Variance (RFI’s / RFV’s) $300 each
– Deduct $50 if the RFI form is clearly filled out and we only respond to RFI
● Cursory Shop Drawing Review (design criteria and overall dims) No Charge
● Full Shop Drawing Review (assumes 2 passes or revisions / set) $400 each set
● Sealed Letter from Engineer $400 each
● Construction Site Visit (CSV) / Structural Observation with report $800 each
– 60-mile radius assumed (from home office). TBD for other areas beyond 60 miles
– Within 10-mile radius of 29E6 office, deduct $100
● Detailed Engineering Design Services at our standard hourly rates, see section III
All the above fees assume the service is to be expedited within 24 hours and include an expedite fee.
II. Monthly Construction Support
IIa. Scope – Construction Support, Special Inspections Monitoring
The following scope items are proposed to be provided:
● Respond to requests for information (RFI)
● Review shop drawings and submittals (as applicable)
● Construction Site Visits (CSV) / Structural Observations with follow up report
● Maintain an ongoing construction log
● Provide a final report of special inspections assuming that all reports are provided by applicable third parties
● Testing is provided by a separate company, but we will monitor reports and provide comments on results
● A duration is estimated as _______ months
IIb. Fee Arrangement – Structural CA
● There will be a monthly construction support fee of $600/month plus $700 per construction site visit (CSV) for structural observation
● We would anticipate one site visit per month on average*
● If multiple buildings are able to be inspected during the same site visit, there is no additional charge, e.g., if one site visit is performed in a month it would be $700×1+$700 = $1400 for the month
● Travel is based upon 60 miles of the 29E6 home office for further or much closer distances, the travel fee is negotiated
*Deducts can be provided for monthly autopay or upfront payment.
III. Hourly Construction Support
Hours tracked and billed according to the standard hourly rate schedule.